Why should you have a private yoga session?
- You need more specific, individual attention from a teacher to reach your goal, whether that’s to become stronger, more limber or just more at ease in your body.
- You’re injured and want help learning how to modify your practice.
- You want help mastering a particular pose.
- You want help developing an individualized practice tailored to your needs.
- You’d like to improve your breathing.
- You’re looking for techniques to help you deal with stress.
- You want help improving the way you stand, move and feel.
Contact me to set up a session.
Functional Integration sessions are tailored specifically to your needs. They are especially useful if you’re injured, suffering from chronic pain or living with a condition such as stroke or Parkinson’s disease, but they can be just as helpful if your goal is to improve the way you move and function.
What happens during the session?
Unlike many other forms of body-oriented therapy, Functional Integration focuses on re-learning movement. It is directed toward your nervous system, rather than your muscles and joints.
During your session, you’ll lie in a comfortable position on a table, although sometimes you’ll need to sit, stand or make other easy movements. Your body will experience movement passively through small, comfortable ranges of motion. These precisely targeted sequences are designed to teach your nervous system how to better orchestrate movement and avoid pain.
How does the session end?
At the end of your session, you’ll integrate what you’ve learned on the table with more active movement training, so that you carry those insights into your daily life.
Most people find Functional Integration deeply relaxing. You’ll leave feeling calm but energized, with a new understanding of how you can better accomplish whatever your goals may be.
How long do sessions last?
Sessions last one hour.
What should I wear?
Functional Integration sessions are fully clothed. You don’t need to wear anything special, but it’s best to dress in comfortable clothing that allows you to move
How do I book a session?
To inquire further or to book a session, contact me.